Monday, December 15, 2008

Good weekend... but could I get a little more sleep?



It was so nice to have Daddy home! We went and picked out our Christmas tree on Thursday and Mia and I decorated it on Friday while Corey was at school and Daddy was working. We think it turned out just beautifully. One of the many things I like about living here in Central Texas is the difference in service you get at places like Christmas Tree Lots... Back in SoCal, I was happy when the workers would help me get the tree up on top of the car before they bailed. Here, the guys brought it to the vehicle, put it on top and helped us (read "did most of the work") get it strapped down securely enough for us to take the freeway home. Nice!

Saturday was a quiet day, partly because my boy got up at... wait for it.... 3:41 am - aaaccckkk! Corey has always been an early riser, but Yipe - this is just not good for mommy. Now, I know we have him a little off kilter right now, as we have started a new treatment regimen recently, and it is not uncommon to have these kinds of things crop up, but it isn't easy to deal with, I have to say. Oh, well - this too shall pass, right? Just keep swimming, Chrissy.

Yesterday, we went to a holiday party at a fun place called Hoppin Hippo. They have bounce houses, a treehouse complete with dressup stuff, swings, etc. The kids had a ball, and I had fun chatting with some of my fellow California transplant moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment